Energy balls are one staple snack food I have in my fridge almost all of the time.
I shared a recipe for our favorite energy balls within another post a couple years ago, but as I am cleaning up my archives, I wanted to give the recipe it’s very own post.
It is worthy. 😉
Energy balls are perfect for breakfast, a snack, on-the-go, or late night…Kids love them, and they are packed with great ingredients.
They take a little time, but the end product is so worth it.
The awesome thing about this kind of treat is that there are endless variations…I suggest you experiment, and find what your family likes best.
The good news is: I think they satisfy every diet I know of: Clean, Gluten free, Organic, Paleo, dairy free, and totally Raw! If that doesn’t fit your diet then I don’t know what to say.
(Just as important: they taste really good!)
Here’s the printable recipe:
- My Favorite ENERGY BALLS
- 2 cups organic oats
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoons chia seeds, flax seeds, or your choice of nutritious extras (optional)
- 1 cup crushed walnuts (or your choice of nut.)
- ½ cup agave nectar or honey
- ½ cup organic mini dark chocolate chips (or chips of your choice.)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional.)
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, dates, shredded coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips. (I like to use a food processor to make sure everything is chopped very fine.)
- In another bowl, or in a medium sauce pan over low, combine the peanut butter, agave nectar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Combine well. (It isn't necessary to heat it, but it might make it easier to combine well.)
- Pour the gooey mixture over the oats mixture and blend well. At this point you may find the consistency too dry or wet...Add more of any ingredients that you like.
- Using your hands, roll into bite-sized balls, packing them in as tight as you can. Place finished balls into the refrigerator to firm up, and store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: You can also spread into a baking pan and cut into pieces! Your choice. 🙂
As always, I’d love it if you would pin, and share so your friends can get in on the conversation and the recipe!