Aloha! I hope the first weeks of 2019 are treating you well.
I’m so excited to be back with some of the updates I hinted at in last week’s post. Whether you’re up and running, crushing some bold, new goals, OR facing the sad reality that the resolutions which sounded so inspiring a week ago are actually really, really, hard…today’s post is for you. I can say with confidence that there is something in here for everyone.
Most of you know that the most common New Year’s goals each year are related to health and fitness…and weight loss is always at the top of the list. If you’d like to lose a few pounds (or maybe more than a few!) I have 2 new resources I think you’re going to like!
But first, a little background (especially for new readers!), and a giveaway: I wrote a little book 3 years ago called The Secret of Your Naturally Skinny Friends. The concepts shared in that book have helped thousands of people lose weight, make lifestyle changes (that actually stick) and give up dieting, forever. It’s a short read, and the 2nd half of the book is called the “30 Day Thought Diet.” The Thought Diet is a collection of 3 daily affirmations, quotes, words of encouragement, and a daily Bible verse. The idea is to turn from a dependency on diet plans (which only make us focus MORE on food) to a “diet” for our thoughts. Aaaand, the good news is: it works! I have heard from so many readers who told me that the Thought Diet was absolutely life-changing. YAY!! **Note: I’ll be giving away TWO copies of my book to readers who comment at the bottom of this post!
Next: 2 New resources to help you crush your weight-loss goals!
- Starting next Monday (January 14th) you are invited to join a private “Skinny Friends” Facebook group!! This is a first, and I’m so excited about it! This group will focus on living out the principles from The Secret of Your Naturally Skinny Friends by going through the 30 Thought Diet together each day, as well as offering encouragement, community support, and accountability. The group will be led by my online friend Cassie, who is a personal trainer, fitness professional, and the most energetic fun-loving girl ever! (She also blogs over at Habitude Fitness!) I’ll be stopping in to leave some encouragement, answer questions, or celebrate your progress with you! I am SO EXCITED to be a part of this group! Click HERE TO JOIN us! (and you’ll want to have a copy of the book first so order the digital or paperback version here –> The Secret of Your Naturally Skinny Friends: a simple path to your best body and a healthy mind)
- Brand New! THE THOUGHT DIET 2 is available now!
If you’ve already gone through the book and “graduated” from the 30 Day Thought Diet, this is for you! This 2nd Edition of the Thought Diet was written in response to so many women who finished the book (and original Thought Diet) and then asked “What’s next!?” I am so proud of how the Thought Diet 2 turned out. It is beautifully designed, and easy to download, print out, and turn to for motivation every day! So, kick off the new year reviewing the concepts from my book and filling your mind with positive reminders, quotes and daily Scriptures put into prayers. I think you’ll love it! Check out The Thought Diet 2 product page here, or just click below to purchase it!(***It’s just $2.99)
3. Just want to get HEALTHY? I don’t know about you, but the older I get, the less I’m thinking about numbers on the scale and the more I’m concerned with other numbers…like HDLs and LDLs, and diastolic and systolic blood pressure and all of the other indicators of health. As it turns out, adulting is serious stuff.
And let’s face it — there’s a whole lot of confusing information out there about what is and isn’t good for you. If you’re like me and just want some sound wisdom when it comes to health and nutrition, I’m thrilled to share the Lifestyle Steps Website, a brand new site that my brother-in-law, Ted Nyquist has put together. Ted is a Lifestyle Medicine Certified Family Practice Doctor who lives in Oregon. (remember Dr. Ted from this recipe or this post?) Dr. Ted offers nutrition facts and simple, actionable steps for anyone ready to start moving towards a healthier future — whether you want to quit smoking, lower your cholesterol, become more connected to people, or avoid dying younger than necessary, (no joke!) Dr. Ted can help. **Be sure to subscribe over at his site so he can update you when he finds the cure for the common cold or (hopefully!) the fountain of youth.
4. ARE YOU AN ADDICT? I’m talking Sugar Addict here. Or maybe you’ve become aware that carbs, candy, soda or daily alcohol consumption has a stronghold in your life. If this is you, and you want to turn to God for your cravings instead of whatever currently has a grip on you, then you will find my friend Wendy Speake’s 40-day Sugar Fast group the best place to dive in. Join thousands of women who are walking through this journey together right here — > 40 Day Sugar Fast Group.
5. Do you need to make fitness a priority in the New Year? This topic, of course, could easily be its own blog post (or book) but if I could give you ONE PIECE OF ADVICE for making fitness a priority in 2019 it would be to START SMALL, BUT STAY CONSISTENT….all year long. I don’t recommend you get crazy and start doing hard workouts 7 days a week, but instead try a shorter workout 3-5 times a week. Then commit to doing it ALL YEAR LONG. No excuses. (You’re way more likely to keep it up if it is reasonable and not torturous.)
And though there’s nothing wrong with joining a gym or buying a piece of equipment, I’m a big fan of simple workout apps that you can use from the comfort of your home or a neighborhood. I tried a 30 day free trial of Aaptiv a few summers ago, and have been a big fan ever since. Here’s a link if you want to give it a try: Squeeze in a killer workout anywhere, anytime Start 30 day free Aaptiv trial
(I’m an Aaptiv affiliate)
5. Just need someone to talk to? Whether you’re trying to figure out what is getting in your way of losing weight, or how to balance family and work (and sleep, and workouts…and lions and tigers and…well, you get it)…or maybe you are trying to figure out how to parent well without being a helicopter mom, or how to rekindle the romance in your marriage…If you want to talk to someone about growing in your faith this year, or finding some hobbies and passions of your own, I would love to hop on the phone for a coaching call with you! Check out my coaching page here!
OK….This little list was packed with options. I hope you’ll choose one and act on it now!
ENTER TO WIN A BOOK! (giveaway closed.)
Would you share in comments? What are some of your health goals this year? Are you signing up for any of the Private Facebook groups? Which one! Share which action step you are ready to take and let’s cheer each other on to the best New Year ever!
Congrats to Cynthia and Cindy! You each won a copy of my book! 🙂 **
On Sunday night, January 13th I’ll draw two names from the comments and send you each a copy of my book, The Secret of Your Naturally Skinny Friends! (If you already have it, I’ll offer you the Thought Diet 2 as an option!)
See you around soon!
PS Don’t forget my “11 Lies that Might be Keeping you Fat” download is FREE as well. It’s a super enlightening list, and it also offers the “11 Truths to replace the lies with!” So, if you haven’t already, be sure to grab that one HERE.