Hey Friends!! Happy New Year!!
Don’t you just love a clean slate? A fresh calendar…a blank journal? Do-overs and fresh starts are my absolute favorite. I hope you’re as excited for 2019 as I am.
New Years is extra special around here, because it also marks this blog’s BIRTHDAY! We’re 8 years old today!! For those of you who have been around since the beginning, you know how far we’ve come. (If you haven’t, trust me — we’ve had our fair share of awkward stages along the way.) But now we’re 8! So grown up. And that just makes me want to celebrate!…
(If you don’t see my little happy dance below, hit refresh ;))
And after all these years, I am quite sure 2019 will have the most growth and change ever. I’ve been so excited to tell you about some of the new things coming your way!!
What to Expect in the New Year here?
(I’ll go in order!)
1. Is 2019 Your Year to get healthy/lose weight/get fit?
If so , then you don’t want to miss Next Week’s post! I’ll be announcing a couple NEW THINGS that will encourage, inspire and motivate you to reach your goals. Sorry to make you wait, but there are 2 things you can do in the meantime:
1. (If you haven’t already) Be sure to get your hands on my book! You can get it on Amazon here: The Secret of Your Naturally Skinny Friends: a simple path to your best body and a healthy mind or hop over to my Book Page to find out more about it. Now, I’m not going to tell you not to go on that
miserable New Years’ diet you might be planning, or not to sign up for that gym membership …but I will suggest you at least...Read my book first! (you can thank me later!)
2. Click over to my new Health and Fitness Page and leave your name and email so I can let you know when I have an update or post related to health and fitness.
2. Want some one-on-one time with me in the New Year? I’m Coaching!
If you’ve read my posts and have wondered what I might have to say to your particular challenge/predicament/life situation, then I’m so excited to announce that I will be doing some coaching calls this year! Last fall I offered a few sessions of coaching calls to my subscribers, and the response was awesome. I spent November and December talking to women about family life and/or their health and weight loss challenges, and I enjoyed it so much. Almost everyone I spoke to asked for another session (or two) which led me to believe we were on to something good. So I’ve decided to do more!
Click HERE to read more about my coaching and fill out the form if you are interested in getting started!
3. Did someone say PODCAST!?
Ahhhh! Yes! I’ve been wanting to start a podcast for SO, SO long, but finally decided 2019 is the year. Because it’s all new territory for me, I am currently taking a course on podcasting, so I hope to be all set up and ready by late spring. But I could really use your feedback on a few things to help me get started...
1. A Podcast Name! At this point I plan to just call it simply: The Monica Swanson Podcast. However, experts suggest that it is really helpful to have some “keywords” in the name so that people can find you more easily. This is hard because over time I’d really like my podcast to be (like my blog) about many things…from parenting to health and wellness, to faith, marriage, travel, women’s health issues, to…who knows!? (Perhaps one day I will have more than one podcast, but let me start slowly…) So help me choose a name!? Something that represents the main stuff I cover, or just something creative and fun. If you’ve got an idea, send it my way!
2. Format, topics, guests….Give me your thoughts! Of course I want you guys to love this podcast, so tell me what you’d most enjoy on it! I have so many topics already on my mind, but let me know if you have a special request. Guest interview ideas? Special features?
**Side note: My husband is taking the Podcast course with me because I know I’ll need his technical help, but (shh!) what he doesn’t know yet is that I’m planning to have him co-host at least some of my shows. And you guys! — Dave is the secret sauce behind much of the wisdom I pass along your way, so this would be a huge gift.
4. Finally: THE BOOK!
After talking about it FOR (what seems like) EVER, this is finally the year that my Boy Mom book will be alive and real! I am beyond excited. Mark your calendars for August 6th, 2019, and be sure to sign up on the BOOK INTEREST PAGE if you want to be in the loop as the book comes together, as well as first to know when the Launch Team opens. Thank you so much!!
I have some speaking events coming up in 2019 and there’s still time to add a few more. I have a couple trips to the mainland planned, so if you have a a MOPS group, women’s ministry, or any other group that I’d be a good fit for, please pass on this Speaking Page to your people.
**Who knows, maybe we can meet in person in 2019~? 🙂
6. Wait, what about the blog?
There’s no denying, this place will always be HOME…Though I cannot publish blog posts as often I used to,I will always keep coming back with occasional posts, recipes and updates. Please note that I have begun keeping up with my subscriber crew by sending occasional emails with a word of encouragement, links or news — directly to their inbox. If you haven’t yet, become a subscriber HERE.
OK, enough from ME…What’s on your 2019 agenda? Goals? Dreams? Travel? A new job, or maybe you’re own podcast, blog or book? Share with me please!
And also please do comment with your thoughts on any of the news or questions from above! I adore you all and please know that I am fully aware that NONE of this would be remotely possible without all of you who faithfully visit my blog and share my posts. I thank God for you and I hope we can be friends forever!
And…Happy New Year from my Ohana to Yours!!