Join me today for coffee, photos, updates, and a giveaway!
Oh and some pretty stars, too…
Happy June, my friends…
And Wow…look how 2021 is flying by! I seriously just looked at my own website trying to remember when exactly I published my “End of Winter Coffee Date” post…only to find that…I didn’t. 😌
Nope. My last Coffee Date post was last fall, and I just don’t have a good explanation for that. After years of blogging 3-4 times a week (I REALLY DID THAT!) I don’t know why it is so hard for me to get my act together around here these days. I promise to do better at keeping these up. Even if just seasonally.
Since I like to do these posts “Coffee date” style, I’ll dive in with a quick list of updates – (and lots of photos!) from my end. Then I trust you to leave your own updates in comments below.
Note: I’m giving away a few Amazon cards for further incentive so be sure to scroll all the way down 👇 and comment!
Now grab your coffee…(I’m going iced mocha today!) and make yourself at home…
UPDATES from my end:
1. We haven’t exactly wrapped up the homeschool year and I’m not exactly happy about it.
Do we trudge on? Do we call it a year? Somewhere in the middle perhaps?…Everywhere I look I see people enjoying summer and I want to be one of them.
2. My college boys are home and it makes me the happiest. Josiah and Jonah. These two. I just love them so much. Now I’m trying to remember how I actually manage this house when they are away? Because, seriously: I love their helpfulness! I love their friendship. I love their interesting, college-student thoughts and ideas. I just. Love. Them.
3. All the boys went on a road trip in late May. Just after the college boys wrapped up their finals, Luke flew in from a surf contest in Texas (Waco, wave pool) and Levi flew over from Hawaii, solo. They all rendezvous’d in LA, then hit the road for 12 days!! – Yosemite. Sequoia Nat’l Park. Joshua Tree. They mostly camped in tents. Squeezed a Motel 6 somewhere in there for the sake of a shower, 🤣 and crashed on a few friends’ floors on either end. (You know who you are and we appreciate you.) Levi was living his best life and they all had a blast.
BTW--This trip was a graduation gift to Jonah 2 years ago from my parents. (They gave him a check to put towards “a graduation adventure!”) and since I’ve shared about that, I have heard from a few friends who are passing this idea on to their own parents as a suggested way to bless the grandkids on graduation. I love it!
4. Levi turned 11 a few days after they got back. We didn’t have time to plan much, and fortunately, he shares a birthday with his best friend, Blu…so we jumped in and shared his beach party! (Hey what are friends for? 😉) That might have been the easiest, most fun party ever. (thx for pics, Emily Turner)
5. The Character Training Course is open THIS WEEK!! — ONLY until Monday, June 7th. And it’s a SUMMER SALE. ($35 off!) If you don’t know what I’m talking about, or just want to check out what’s in it – head over to the COURSE PAGE. (If you’re on my email list thank you so much for putting up with extra emails related to the course. They’ll go away next week, I promise!) But really – I worked so hard on this course, and I am so so so proud of what is in there. I hope you can be a part of it!
6. Luke, travel, and surfing. Luke stayed in California after the brothers’ road trip to surf, and this weekend he is headed to Mexico for more training. Then Dave and I will meet him in San Clemente mid-June for his U.S. Champs. He’s been training so hard, and I miss him a lot, but we are so proud of him.
Note: I’ve received a few questions about Luke’s future school/surf career (he’ll be a senior in high school next year!) and how that’s all going to look, so maybe I’ll share a Luke Surf update later this summer. But we do appreciate prayers for wisdom, guidance, and lots of contest wins! (also for a safe/healthy trip to Mexico 😳 and back!)
7. We got a new dog and doubled the trouble. 😂 If you missed it on Instagram, this spring we adopted Thor’s sister, Lani, from Maui. (his literal liter-mate!) Her owner needed to re-home her and we loved her immediately. She and Thor get along incredibly well, and she is very sweet….except for that thing where she taught Thor to wait until we turn our back and then jump our fence/escape mysteriously and run away for 2-day adventures. 😩 Seriously dogs…
–But really: A while back I started some fun writing for a potential children’s book series of “Thor Stories” (that’s a little play on “short stories” in case you didn’t catch it -😂 ) which chronicles the life of Thor with some really powerful spiritual analogies. All I can say is I’m gathering new content every day right about now.
I hope to complete that project one day, even if I just publish the stories in blog posts!
OK Friends!! — After all of those updates, no doubt our coffees have gone dry, and I’ll be refilling mine to lean in and our catch your updates!
I know we love to exchange book lists and podcast suggestions and all of that, but I’ve been really working hard on my weekly email to subscribers, where I often share what I’m reading (eating, watching, laughing at…etc) so I hope you can join that group if you haven’t already!
Thank you for following along on our adventures. God has been so faithful to guide us, and there is no doubt His mercies are new every morning. No matter if you’re in a good, difficult, or in-between season, I pray you can still say: Great is His faithfulness!
YOUR TURN! Comment below with what’s new!! — Summer plans? Kids’ challenges, adventures, or updates? Pet drama? Anything goes…I love to hear from you and I love to learn more about your families!
** I’ll draw randomly from the comments next TUESDAY and send 2 of you a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Until next time (hopefully not so long this time…😉)
^^ A sneak peak from some photos my sweet friend (and wildly talented photographer) took…As I am hoping to do a big blog/podcast brand update this summer! (can you believe I actually grew out my bangs?)
PS One more reminder: Don’t miss the SUMMER SALE of the Character Training Course!