I’ve got another banana recipe. Maybe the best one yet.
Have I mentioned that we grow lots and lots of bananas around here?
Ok. Just check’n.
This is actually a recipe that I shared way back.
But since I just made these again….and fell in love with them again….I thought they were worthy of a fresh post.
These low fat oatmeal banana cookies are brilliant on many levels:
Whole wheat flour, check.
Bananas, YES please–the more the merrier.
Agave nectar, such a great choice.
And chocolate chips-obviously a winner.
It’s a simple recipe, and your whole family will LOVE these!
Lowfat Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lowfat Oatmeal Banana Chocolate chip Cookies
- 1. cup whole wheat flour.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 T. butter.
- 1/3 c.agave nectar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar unpacked.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 to 1 cup mashed banana I say the more the better. *we used apple-bananas.
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer. Add egg, followed by the mashed banana, agave nectar, and vanilla.
- Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture, and the oats until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips (I think carob would be great here too. My family disagrees.)
- DROP heaping tablespoons of the dough onto baking sheets. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are light brown at the edges.
Pour a cup of cold milk….Dunk…
It doesn’t get much better than this, does it?