Hey guys! First, a quick surf update: Luke kicked off his first heat of Open division at Nationals today with a first place finish! We are super excited as he goes into quarter-finals tomorrow. Thanks again for all of the support–and as always, you can keep up on Instagram and Facebook for more timely updates. 😉
And now….I’m sharing one more archived post! Here’s the scoop…
Though I know that most of my readers keep coming back for the family-related topics that I write about, you probably know that over time I have also touched quite a bit on the subject of health/fitness, and body image. (and that is also my professional background.) About a year and a half ago, I promised an e-book to share more of my journey (and victory!) in this area. So I started one. And then I kept putting it off. And now…though I have a lot of writing projects I really want to do related to family topics and so on, I decided that I must fulfill my promise of completing the e-book first! (I have a conscious and a promise is a promise!)
So this is my summer to do it!
(and the other projects will follow, for sure!)
The writing for my e-book is mostly complete, but I will be editing it with a small team and formatting it into a readable e-book when I am back in Hawaii–beginning next week! Since I’ve never done this before, I am not sure what to expect, but I know I’m close….
The post I share today includes a little video (a “VLOG”) where I share a bit of my journey. Bear with me, I was nervous and hiding from family noise in my bedroom!
Here we go—
I’m excited…really–passionate, about this topic. It’s not comfortable for me to talk about my personal struggles, even if they are past-tense. It’s a little embarrassing I guess. But it is real. This struggle that I share about was a big part of my life for many years. And the difference in my life since I overcame the struggle has been huge. Now I feel an obligation to share my story.
I do hope that hearing a little bit of my story gives you an idea of why I am truly passionate about this topic. Your comments and feedback will help determine the direction I go with future writing, so thank you in advance for being a part of this! You have always made me feel so loved and accepted–that is the only reason I have the guts to share this one!
Now…here’s the promised QUIZ for you to take:
Answer each of these questions (on paper, or in your head.) A YES to any of them really says that you would benefit from what I have to share with you!
1. When I wake up, food, diet, or something related to that is the first thing on my mind.
2. I often count calories (or carbs, or points, etc.) in the foods that I eat.
3. I have feelings of guilt related to enjoying food.
4. How I feel about my body affects my moods.
5. When I go to bed at night, I often review what i have eaten during the day.
6. I feel like I HAVE TO workout to maintain my weight.
7. I feel guilty when I do not exercise for a few days.
8. I have anxiety about not having the ability to exercise (travel, a busy week, etc.)
9. I avoid social settings because of my diet, or how I might be tempted to eat.
10. If I could remove all of my issues with food, dieting, and exercise, I would be living a happier life.
If you answered yes to any of the questions, I think you’ll find my e-book helpful! (early sign-ups to get it should be coming soon!)
Please consider sharing this through social media so others can see it too! Thank you so much, and,