You are invited!
If you’re on island, you won’t want to miss this awesome event hosted by Surfing The Nations! (If you’re not on-island, I still think you’ll love hearing about this!)
Come on down to the Legendary Queens Surf Break at Kuhio Beach, Waikiki, and be a part of the…
**Download entry form from THIS PAGE.
Whether or not you are a surfer, there are SO many reasons to be excited about this event. Here’s just a few:
1. Surfing The Nations: You might remember that a year ago, we sent our oldest son on a one-month “Surf and Service” trip to Indonesia with a team from Surfing the Nations…And it turned out to be the most amazing time of his life.
Our family liked what we knew of STN before that trip, but since our son’s return, and as we’ve gotten to know many of the staff and volunteers at STN, we can say that we LOVE everything about them! This non-profit group based out of Wahiawa is made up of young, creative, and genuinely big-hearted people from all over the world. These guys have radically cleaned up, and impacted the Wahiawa community, and have service projects going on all over the island, as well teams being sent out all over the world.
Surfing the Nation’s motto is “Surfers Giving Back,” and their aim through this Freedom Surf Contest is to promote surfing as a healthy alternative to a life of substance abuse. The Freedom Surf Contest brings families and friends together around the sport of surfing to celebrate life, hope, and “giving back.”
2. HISTORY: December, 2004: The first Freedom Surf Contest was used as a fund-raiser for the “Boxing Day” tsunami that rocked the South Pacific, affecting friends of STN in Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka. The contest was such a success, that STN rebranded the contest to bring change to the surf industry locally. Each year it only gets better, and this year is anticipated to be the best yet!
3. GAMES! The folks putting this contest together know how to have FUN…Games include: epic tug-o-war, relay races, sack races, water balloon toss, and raffle drawings…It’s just one big PARTY at the Freedom Surf Contest.
4. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Artis family band, Emilia Garth, Daniel Shishido, Live Art, and Live DJ…Whether you’re waiting on a heat, or just chilling on the beach, the live entertainment will be awesome.
5. PRIZES! Not just for contest winners, either! There are plenty of goodies to go around.
Surfboards, prize bags, goodie bags, contest shirts, trophies, certificates, stickers…The prizes will be GOOD.
BEST. SPONSORS. EVER. Check them out:
7. Did I mention FUN!?
Let this video give you a little look from the Freedom Surf Contest, two years ago…Then get on over to the STN website and sign up already!!
See you all there!!
Much Aloha, and have a great weekend!