OK…So here I am with a follow-up video from last week.
But really THIS ONE…is for EVERYONE.
I think you’ll agree that the concepts that I am talking about here can be applied to pretty much any area of life. It’s useful stuff, and I hope you’ll take the time to watch it!
It was a challenge for me to wrap up so many thoughts and ideas into a short video. Obviously when I finish my writing project, you will have a chance to read a more detailed and expanded version…There is truly so much I want to share along these lines! I tried my hardest to keep this one short.
And still, it’s eleven minutes.
Sorry…but not sorry, because in all honesty, I think the time will cruise by because the things I speak on affect each of our lives in such a real way that I think (i hope!) you’ll find it both practical and inspirational.
OK–I’ll go get busy in the other room while you give it a watch! (a few notes to follow.)
1. If some of this still seems conceptual, I promise that my writing will make it very practical for you as well. I have enough stories and examples to make this topic extremely easy to apply to your own life.
2. For those of you who NEED NEED NEED (or even just think you need–) a plan to follow, the good news is that I will actually be sharing a plan in the book. It is very much different from what you might be used to if you are a dieter, but I think you’ll find it refreshing, and I think you’ll love it. So hang in there.
3. In the video I mention a quote. I actually just happened upon it recently, and I was like “Whoa–He stole MY quote!” 🙂 It is by Cary Grant, the famous Hollywood actor from my Grandparen’ts era! I don’t know a single thing about this guy, except what I found on Wikipedia, which told me he had a very sad upbringing, yet an extremely successful career. (also a bad track record in marriages–but that’s another story.)
I think he had something figured out here:
4. I mentioned some questions I asked myself as I began to QUIT the DIET GAME and began LIVING to become who I wanted to be. There are many in my long-list, but some examples to begin with:
A. What do I want to look like? (Considering the obvious realities like my height, natural build, etc.)
B. How do I want to behave? When I am with others? When I am alone? (I think of things like: “self-controlled,” “preoccupied with doing productive things,” “consistent and balanced.”…etc.)
C. How do I want to workout? (think realistic, and think LONG-TERM realistic. Hard-core exercise routines rarely last. Steady and consistent are a healthy motto.)
D. What do I want to model to my kids and close friends? (healthy habits, a free mind.)
There are many more of course! I hope you can apply this technique to other areas of life. You can experiment by making up your own set of questions for anything you might be challenged with. (consider job, relationship, sport, hobby….)
5. I could go on and on wanting to fill in a little more on this point or that…(Did I mention that this was challenging for me to summarize in a short video? It was!) But I hope and pray that there is a nugget or two in there that might kick-start you to better thinking, and better living!
NOW…This is your chance to let me know if you’d be interested in reading more in an ebook…and any other questions or comments that might strike you after watching the video.
ALOHA and thank you so much for being here!
PS IF this has blessed you, please consider sharing it with friends and through social media! Thank you!
To subscribe to email updates with blog posts,